Project Password Recovery
- Project Password by Thegrideon Software is an advanced password recovery tool for MS Project documents (*.mpp) and templates (*.mpt).
- Project Password works with MS Project files from all versions.
- You may also check VBA Recovery Toolkit to handle locked VBA Projects.
Project Password Recovery Features:
- All passwords for MS Project upto version 2003 are recovered instantly.
- Write Protection passwords are recovered or removed instantly.
- Several attacks can be queued for Project 2007-2016 password to open recovery:
- advanced mixed attacks for precise search range setup:
- multi-position modifications to cover modern password policies;
- simple modifications: add part(s) copy, add reversed copy, etc.
- typing errors generation with new multi-position options;
- brute-force attacks based on a charset and length selected:
- optional limit on a number of equal chars;
- dictionary attacks with modifications (several wordlists are included):
- advanced keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique;
- password in reverse, capitalized, uppercased, lowercased;
- adjustable mixed-case mode;
- preset or custom char replacements: Ss with 5, Bb with 8, Ii with 1, etc.
- "Save passwords to a file" option to verify search settings or to generate a new wordlist, etc.
- Highly optimized code (SSE, AVX, AVX2) guarantees best performance.
- Utilizes NVIDIA and AMD Graphics processing units with a high-performance methods.
- Renewed code for Intel HD Graphics GPUs.
- Supports up to 64 simultaneous processing threads (multi-CPU, multi-GPU).
- Audio, script or web address based post-search notification.
- All MS Project versions are supported (including 2016).
- Windows 7 - Windows 10.
Protection methods used up to MS Project 2003 are not very strong and the passwords used can be recovered instantly.
Methods used in MS Project 2007 - 2016 are based on strong cryptographic algorithms (SHA-1, SHA-512, AES) and password recovery cannot be guaranteed in a fixed timeframe. Moreover due to iterative methods used in password verification recovery speed is limited.
In order to recover these types of passwords, candidates have to be created based on dictionary, sequentially with a charset and length selected or as combination of dictionary, sequential and fixed parts. Project Password allows you to set several attacks in queue, split password in parts and set each part independently with virtually endless number of combinations. Additional modifications are available including unique keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique, char replacement (e.g. T or t with 7), etc.
We did our best to enhance this tool performance as well as the recovery speed with some advanced methods and it found to be the fastest tool for MS Project "password to open" recovery. Password recovery speed for very common hardware is available below to back this statement up.
The final password recovery speed is equal to CPUspeed + GPU(1)speed + ... + GPU(N)speed.
For example (Project 2007): Intel i3 + Intel HD 4400 GPU + AMD R9 280X = 10 500 + 4 100 + 250 000 = ~264 000 p/s.
|Intel® Core™2 Duo
T7500 @ 2.20GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
2100 @ 3.10GHz
|Intel® Core™ i7
2600 @ 3.40GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
4130 @ 3.40GHz
|~2 250 p/s||~4 700 p/s||~10 000 p/s||~10 500 p/s|
|~230 p/s||~475 p/s||~1 050 p/s||~1 060 p/s|
|~30 p/s||~60 p/s||~130 p/s||~135 p/s|
Intel HD and Iris Graphics: Intel integrated GPUs starting from HD Graphics 4000 can be used for password recovery acceleration. Integrated GPUs are not so powerful in comparison to dedicated (discrete) devices and often overlooked but can add up to 30% to CPU performance.
|+ Intel HD Graphics 4400|
|(12 CUs, i3 4130)|
|Project 2007||Project 2010||Project 2013/16|
|+ 4 100 p/s||+ 410 p/s||+ 50 p/s|
There are too many cards to list, but the main concept is simple: compute units (CUs) are the main building blocks of GPU calculation power. So card with 32 CUs is approximately twice faster than 16 CUs GPU of the same family and architecture.
AMD GPUs are very "password recovery friendly" and consistent despite architecture change from VLIW5 to VLIW4 and now to GCN.
HD 6770 (10 CUs)
R9 270 (20 CUs)
|+ 77 300 (7 730/CU)||+ 136 400 (6 820/CU)|
|+ 7 800 (780/CU)||+ 13 500 (675/CU)|
|+ 750 (75/CU)||+ 2 300 (115/CU)|
Recovery speed with Kepler/Maxwell architecture cards (sm_35/sm_50 compute capabilities) is much better in per CU performance than with Fermi.
GTX 470 (14 CUs, sm_20)
K520 (8 CUs, sm_30)
|NVIDIA GT 640
(just 2 CUs, Kepler, sm_35)
|+ 52 100 (3 720/CU)||+ 39 100 (4 880/CU)||+ 28 500 (14 250/CU)|
|+ 5 300 (378/CU)||+ 3 960 (495/CU)||+ 2 870 (1 435/CU)|
|+ 710 (40/CU)||+ 600 (75/CU)||+ 340 (170/CU)|
GPU performance is somewhat variable with number of factors including GPU/CPU combination and even driver version. Please contact us if your recovery speed is noticeable different from the data above.
Trial version allows you to setup and test run any password search for up to 15 min per set. Recovered passwords are hidden behind the asterisks.
With the "Home User" License, you can use the program for non-commercial purposes in non-business, non-commercial environment (personal files). To use the program in a corporate, government or business environment (clients or corporate files), you should purchase the "Business User" License.
Home User license is only $29.95 and Business User license is $44.95.
After payment processing is completed, you will immediately receive your registration key by email. The key should be entered into the evaluation version available from this page.