Project Password Recovery
- Project Password by Thegrideon Software is an advanced password recovery tool for MS Project documents (*.mpp) and templates (*.mpt).
- It works with MS Project files from all versions including the latest Project 2016
- You may also check VBA Recovery Toolkit to access VBA Projects source code.
Project Password Recovery Features:
- Write Protection passwords are recovered or removed instantly.
- All passwords for MS Project files up to the version 2003 are recovered instantly.
- Several attacks can be queued for Project 2007-2016 "password to open" recovery:
- advanced mixed attacks for precise search range setup:
- multi-position modifications to cover modern password policies;
- simple modifications: add part(s) copy, add reversed copy, etc.
- typing errors generation with new multi-position options;
- brute-force attacks based on a charset and length selected:
- optional limit on a number of equal chars;
- number ranges (e.g. 1-31, 1-12, 2003-2018, etc.);
- dictionary attacks with modifications (several wordlists are included):
- advanced keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique;
- password in reverse, capitalized, uppercased, lowercased;
- adjustable mixed-case mode;
- preset or custom char replacements: Ss with 5, Bb with 8, Ii with 1, etc.
- "Save passwords to a file" option to verify search settings or to generate a new wordlist, etc.
- Highly optimized code (SSE, AVX, AVX2) guarantees best performance.
- Utilizes NVIDIA and AMD Graphics processing units with a high-performance methods.
- Renewed code for Intel HD Graphics GPUs.
- Supports up to 64 simultaneous processing threads (multi-CPU, multi-GPU).
- Audio, script or web address based post-search notification.
- All MS Project versions are supported (including 2016).
- Windows 7 - Windows 10.
Methods used in MS Project 2007 - 2016 are based on strong cryptographic algorithms (SHA-1, SHA-512, AES) and password recovery cannot be guaranteed in a fixed timeframe. Moreover due to iterative methods used in password verification recovery speed is limited.
In order to recover these types of passwords, candidates have to be created based on dictionary, sequentially with a charset and length selected or as combination of dictionary, sequential and fixed parts. Project Password allows you to set several attacks in a queue, split password in parts and set each part independently with virtually endless number of combinations. Additional modifications are available including unique keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique, char replacement (e.g. T or t with 7), etc.
You may also check Password Search FAQ.
We did our best to enhance this tool performance as well as the recovery speed with some advanced methods and it found to be the fastest tool for MS Project "password to open" recovery. Password recovery speed for very common hardware is available below to back this statement up.
The final password recovery speed is equal to CPUspeed + GPU(1)speed + ... + GPU(N)speed.
For example (Project 2007): Intel i3 + Intel HD 4400 GPU + AMD R9 280X = 10 500 + 4 100 + 250 000 = ~264 000 p/s.
|Intel® Core™2 Duo
T7500 @ 2.20GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
2100 @ 3.10GHz
|Intel® Core™ i7
2600 @ 3.40GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
4130 @ 3.40GHz
|~2 250 p/s||~4 700 p/s||~10 000 p/s||~10 500 p/s|
|~230 p/s||~475 p/s||~1 050 p/s||~1 060 p/s|
|~30 p/s||~60 p/s||~130 p/s||~135 p/s|
Intel HD and Iris Graphics: Intel integrated GPUs starting from HD Graphics 4000 can be used for password recovery acceleration. Integrated GPUs are not so powerful in comparison to dedicated (discrete) devices and often overlooked but can add up to 30% to CPU performance.
|+ Intel HD Graphics 4400|
|(12 CUs, i3 4130)|
|Project 2007||Project 2010||Project 2013/16|
|+ 4 100 p/s||+ 410 p/s||+ 50 p/s|
There are too many cards to list, but the main concept is simple: compute units (CUs) are the main building blocks of GPU calculation power. So card with 32 CUs is approximately twice faster than 16 CUs GPU of the same family and architecture.
AMD GPUs are very "password recovery friendly" and consistent despite architecture change from VLIW5 to VLIW4 and now to GCN.
HD 6770 (10 CUs)
R9 270 (20 CUs)
|+ 77 300 (7 730/CU)||+ 136 400 (6 820/CU)|
|+ 7 800 (780/CU)||+ 13 500 (675/CU)|
|+ 750 (75/CU)||+ 2 300 (115/CU)|
Recovery speed with Kepler/Maxwell architecture cards (sm_35/sm_50 compute capabilities) is much better in per CU performance than with Fermi.
GTX 470 (14 CUs, sm_20)
K520 (8 CUs, sm_30)
|NVIDIA GT 640
(just 2 CUs, Kepler, sm_35)
|+ 52 100 (3 720/CU)||+ 39 100 (4 880/CU)||+ 28 500 (14 250/CU)|
|+ 5 300 (378/CU)||+ 3 960 (495/CU)||+ 2 870 (1 435/CU)|
|+ 710 (40/CU)||+ 600 (75/CU)||+ 340 (170/CU)|
GPU performance is somewhat variable with number of factors including GPU/CPU combination and even driver version. Please contact us if your recovery speed is noticeable different from the data above.
Trial version allows you to setup and test run any password search for up to 15 min per set. Recovered passwords are hidden behind the asterisks.