- Dictionary attack password candidates are generated based on a list (wordlist) loaded from a file. It can be a list of common passwords, names, nicknames, national capitals, action figures, words from any language, etc.
- Several wordlists are already included with our tools. Personalized wordlist can be created easily as a plain text file with one password candidate per line.
- Several modifications are offered to transform every line from the list. For example, word "pass" with 'reverse' and 'to uppercase' options enabled will transform into the following 4 variants: "pass", "ssap", "PASS", "SSAP". Mixed-case modification is available as well.
- It is important to note that there are 16 casing variants for 4 chars long password: "pass", "Pass", "pAss", "paSs", "pasS", "PasS", "pAsS", "paSS", "PAss", "PaSs", "pASs", "pASS", "PaSS", "PAsS", "PASs", "PASS", and 256! for a 8 chars long password.
- Keyboard layouts conversion technique can be applied to a wordlist items or a char replacement used (Aa with @, Zz with 2, Bb with 8) with preset or custom replacement.
- Dictionary attacks are a building blocks for mixed attacks as well.
Copyright © 2003-2017 Thegrideon Software.
All trademarks, logos, product names & pictures mentioned or displayed herein are the property of their respective holders.