- QBW Password by Thegrideon Software is a feature-rich tool for QuickBooks '.qba', '.qbb' and '.qbw' password replacement and recovery as well as security audit and cleanup.
- QBW Password works with all versions including the latest QB 2016 / 2017 (US, CA, UK, ...).
- You may also check QuickBooks Forensics for in-depth analysis.
QBW Password Features:
- 'Admin' user password can be replaced instantly regardless of length or complexity.
- Sensitive data and encryption keys can be recovered in most cases.
- Company file is scanned for accessible sensitive data and data in database "empty space".
- Security cleanup is available to clear deleted records from company file "empty space".
- Company files can be extracted from '.qbb' backups.
- Several attacks can be configured and queued for original Admin password recovery:
- brute-force attacks based on a charset and length selected;
- optional limit on a number of equal chars;
- dictionary attacks with modifications (several wordlists are included):
- password in reverse, capitalized, uppercased, lowercased;
- adjustable mixed-case mode;
- preset or custom char replacements: Aa with @, Zz with 2, Bb with 8, etc.
- advanced keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique;
- mixed attacks for precise search range configuration:
- multi-position modifications to cover modern password policies;
- highly optimized code (SSE, AVX, AVX2) guarantees maximum performance;
- supports up to 32 simultaneous processing threads (multi-CPU, multi-core);
- audio, script or web address based post-search notification;
- All versions including QuickBooks 2017 are supported.
- Windows 7 - Windows 10.
QBW Password scans your company file for sensitive data (e.g.: CC Numbers, SSNs, Tax IDs, SINs, EIN, Bank accounts, etc.) accessible without any credentials. If you have to share your qbw / qba file or transfer (send) it using unprotected channels it is good idea to check it first.
What is security cleanup? QBW and QBA files are database files and the only thing database is not really designed to do is to remove data. It will mark it as deleted or create a new page and mark old one as deleted. If new record is shorter than the remaining part of the old one can be in database forever. To make things worse database pages are not cleaned during initialization, so "empty space" is goldmine of SQL queries and images of application memory. Deleted data is still in your file for quite some time, including sensitive data, and security cleanup allows you to wipe database "empty space".
Database password verification values can be replaced easily to restore access to company file data. Sensitive data encryption keys are usually easily recoverable, thus access can be restored in full. Just open your file and check keys recovery status.
Password search is always an option and QBW Password allows you to set several attacks in queue (dictionary, sequentially based on a charset and length selected or as combination of dictionaries, sequences and fixed parts. You can split password in parts and set each part independently with virtually endless number of combinations. Additional modifications are available including unique keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique, char replacement (e.g. I or i with 1), etc. We did our best to enhance this tool performance as well as the recovery speed with some advanced methods and it found to be the fastest tool for QuickBooks password recovery.
What is password recovery speed?
Password recovery speed is variable depending on additional information recoverable from the file, Admin username, etc.
The following table is based on several tests with the common laptop, workstation and tablet CPUs:
|Intel® Core™2 Duo
T7500 @ 2.20GHz
Z3740 @ 1.33GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
2100 @ 3.10GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
4130 @ 3.40GHz
|1.5 - 13 millions||2 - 13 millions||5 - 25 millions||10 - 35 millions|
Trial version lists user accounts, protection details (keys recovery status) and lists extractable data. You can also setup and test run any password recovery search for 15 min per set.
Business User license is $44.95.
After payment processing is completed, you will immediately receive your registration key by email. The key should be entered into the evaluation version available from this page.