OneNote Password Recovery
- OneNote Password by Thegrideon Software is a feature-rich password recovery tool for MS OneNote Notebooks (*.one files).
- OneNote Password works with files from all versions including the latest MS OneNote 2016.
OneNote Password Recovery Features:
- Several attacks can be configured and queued:
- Dictionary attacks with modifications (wordlists for several languages are included).
- Brute-force attacks based on charset and length selected.
- Mixed attacks (combination of parts: dictionaries, brute force and fixed).
- Virtually endless number of combinations for mixed attacks.
- Advanced keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique.
- Highly optimized code (SSE, AVX, AVX2) guarantees maximum performance.
- Supports up to 64 simultaneous processing threads (multi-CPU, multi-GPU).
- Utilizes NVIDIA and AMD Graphics processing units with a high-performance methods.
- Special fine-tuned code for NVIDIA Kepler and Maxwell based GPUs.
- Special fine-tuned code for AMD R9 series GPUs.
- Utilizes Intel HD Graphics GPUs (4000 and 5000 series, Iris Pro).
- All MS OneNote versions are supported (including OneNote 2016).
- Windows 10 Compatible.
How it works?
Methods used in "password to open" protection of MS OneNote 2003 - 2013 are based on strong encryption algorithms (SHA-1, SHA-512, AES) and password recovery or decryption cannot be guaranteed in a fixed timeframe. Encryption methods used in OneNote 2003 allow faster recovery speed, but exhaustive password search is still required.
In order to recover these types of passwords, candidates have to be created based on dictionary, sequentially based on a charset and length selected or as combination of dictionaries, sequences and fixed parts. OneNote Password allows you to set several attacks in queue, split password in parts and set each part independently with virtually endless number of combinations. Additional modifications are available including unique keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique, char replacement (e.g. L or l with 1), etc.
We did our best to enhance this tool performance as well as the recovery speed with some advanced methods and it found to be the fastest tool for MS OneNote "password to open" recovery.
Password recovery speed for very common hardware is available below to back this statement up.
What is the password recovery speed?
The final password recovery speed is equal to CPUspeed + GPU(1)speed + ... + GPU(N)speed.
For example (OneNote 2007): Intel i3 + Intel HD 4400 GPU + NVIDIA GT 640 = 2 100 + 820 + 5 700 = ~8 600 p/s.
|Intel® Core™2 Duo
T7500 @ 2.20GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
2100 @ 3.10GHz
|Intel® Core™ i7
2600 @ 3.40GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
4130 @ 3.40GHz
|~630 000 pass/s||~1 350 000 pass/s||~2 900 000 pass/s||~1 700 000 pass/s|
|~450 pass/s||~950 pass/s||~2 100 pass/s||~2 100 pass/s|
|~230 pass/s||~475 pass/s||~1 050 pass/s||~1 060 pass/s|
|~30 pass/s||~60 pass/s||~130 pass/s||~135 pass/s|
Intel HD and Iris Graphics: Intel integrated GPUs starting from HD Graphics 4000 can be used for password recovery acceleration. Intel GPU utilization is a unique feature of Thegrideon Software tools.
|+ Intel HD Graphics 4400|
|(12 CUs, i3 4130)|
|OneNote 2007||OneNote 2010||OneNote 2013/16|
|+ 820 p/s||+ 410 p/s||+ 50 p/s|
There are too many cards to list, but the main concept is simple: compute units (CUs) are the main building blocks of GPU calculation power. So card with 32 CUs is approximately twice faster than 16 CUs GPU of the same family and architecture.
AMD GPUs are very "password recovery friendly" and consistent despite architecture change from VLIW5 to VLIW4 and now to GCN.
HD 6770 (10 CUs)
R9 270 (20 CUs)
|+ 15 500 (1 550/CU)||+ 27 300 (1 365/CU)|
|+ 7 800 (780/CU)||+ 13 700 (685/CU)|
|+ 756 (75/CU)||+ 1 725 (86/CU)|
Recovery speed with Kepler/Maxwell architecture cards (sm_35/sm_50 compute capabilities) is much better in per CU performance than with Fermi.
GTX 470 (14 CUs, sm_20)
K520 (8 CUs, sm_30)
|NVIDIA GT 640
(just 2 CUs, Kepler, sm_35)
|+ 10 500 (750/CU)||+ 7 900 (987/CU)||+ 5 700 (2 870/CU)|
|+ 5 300 (378/CU)||+ 3 960 (495/CU)||+ 2 870 (1 435/CU)|
|+ 710 (40/CU)||+ 600 (75/CU)||+ 340 (170/CU)|
GPU performance is somewhat variable with number of factors including GPU/CPU combination and even driver version. Please contact us if your recovery speed is noticeable different from the data above.
Trial version allows you to setup and run any password search for up to 15 minutes. Saved search progress can be used in registered version only. Recovered passwords are hidden behind the asterisks "****".
With the "Home User" License, you can use the program for non-commercial purposes in non-business, non-commercial environment (personal files). To use the program in a corporate, government or business environment (clients or corporate files), you should purchase the "Business User" License.
Home User license is only $29.95 and Business User license is $44.95.
After payment processing is completed, you will immediately receive the email with your registration key. The key should be entered into the evaluation version, which can be downloaded from this page.