OneNote Password Recovery
- OneNote Password by Thegrideon Software is a feature-rich password recovery tool for MS OneNote notebooks and sections ('*.one' files).
- OneNote Password can also be used to find OneNote Sections (stored as '.one' files).
- OneNote Password works with files from all versions including the latest MS OneNote 2016.
OneNote Password Recovery Features:
- OneNote Section (.one) files search.
- Several attacks can be configured and queued:
- brute-force attacks based on a charset and length selected:
- optional limit on a number of equal chars;
- dictionary attacks with modifications (several wordlists are included):
- password in reverse, capitalized, uppercased, lowercased;
- adjustable mixed-case mode;
- predefined or custom char replacements: Aa with 4, Ii with !, Bb with 8, etc.
- advanced keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique;
- mixed attacks for precise search range configuration;
- "Save passwords to a file" option to verify search settings or to generate a new wordlist, etc.
- Highly optimized code (SSE, AVX, AVX2) guarantees best performance.
- Utilizes NVIDIA and AMD Graphics processing units with a high-performance methods.
- Renewed code for Intel HD Graphics GPUs.
- Supports up to 64 simultaneous processing threads (multi-CPU, multi-GPU).
- Audio, script or web address based post-search notification.
- All MS OneNote versions are supported (including OneNote 2016).
- Windows 7 - Windows 10.
Methods used in "password to open" protection of MS OneNote 2003 - 2016 are based on strong hashing and encryption algorithms (SHA-1, SHA-512, AES) and password recovery or decryption cannot be guaranteed in a fixed timeframe. Encryption methods used in OneNote 2003 allow faster recovery speed, but exhaustive password search is still required.
In order to recover these types of passwords, candidates have to be created based on dictionary, sequentially with a charset and length selected or as combination of dictionary, sequential (brute-force) and fixed parts. OneNote Password allows you to set several attacks in queue, split password in parts and set each part independently with precise search range setup. Additional modifications are available including unique keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique, char replacement (e.g. L or l with 1), etc.
We did our best to enhance this tool performance as well as the recovery speed with some advanced methods and it found to be the fastest tool for MS OneNote "password to open" recovery. Password recovery speed for a very common hardware is available below to back this statement up.
The final password recovery speed is equal to CPUspeed + GPU(1)speed + ... + GPU(N)speed.
For example (OneNote 2007): Intel i3 + Intel HD 4400 GPU + NVIDIA GT 640 = 2 100 + 820 + 5 700 = ~8 600 p/s.
|Intel® Core™2 Duo
T7500 @ 2.20GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
2100 @ 3.10GHz
|Intel® Core™ i7
2600 @ 3.40GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
4130 @ 3.40GHz
|~630 000 pass/s||~1 350 000 pass/s||~2 900 000 pass/s||~1 700 000 pass/s|
|~450 pass/s||~950 pass/s||~2 100 pass/s||~2 100 pass/s|
|~230 pass/s||~475 pass/s||~1 050 pass/s||~1 060 pass/s|
|~30 pass/s||~60 pass/s||~130 pass/s||~135 pass/s|
Intel HD and Iris Graphics: Intel integrated GPUs starting from HD Graphics 4000 can be used for password recovery acceleration. Integrated GPUs are not so powerful in comparison to dedicated (discrete) devices and often overlooked but can add up to 30% to CPU performance.
|+ Intel HD Graphics 4400|
|(12 CUs, i3 4130)|
|OneNote 2007||OneNote 2010||OneNote 2013/16|
|+ 820 p/s||+ 410 p/s||+ 55 p/s|
There are too many cards to list, but the main concept is simple: compute units (CUs) are the main building blocks of GPU calculation power. So card with 32 CUs is approximately twice faster than 16 CUs GPU of the same family and architecture.
AMD GPUs are very "password recovery friendly" and consistent despite architecture change from VLIW5 to VLIW4 and now to GCN.
HD 6770 (10 CUs)
R9 270 (20 CUs)
|+ 15 500 (1 550/CU)||+ 27 300 (1 365/CU)|
|+ 7 800 (780/CU)||+ 13 500 (675/CU)|
|+ 750 (75/CU)||+ 2 300 (115/CU)|
Recovery speed with Kepler/Maxwell architecture cards (sm_35/sm_50 compute capabilities) is much better in per CU performance than with Fermi.
GTX 470 (14 CUs, sm_20)
K520 (8 CUs, sm_30)
|NVIDIA GT 640
(just 2 CUs, Kepler, sm_35)
|+ 10 500 (750/CU)||+ 7 900 (987/CU)||+ 5 700 (2 870/CU)|
|+ 5 300 (378/CU)||+ 3 960 (495/CU)||+ 2 700 (1 350/CU)|
|+ 710 (40/CU)||+ 600 (75/CU)||+ 340 (170/CU)|
GPU performance is somewhat variable with number of factors including GPU/CPU combination and even driver version. Please contact us if your recovery speed is noticeable different from the data above.
Trial version allows you to setup and test run any password search for up to 15 min per set.
With the "Home User" License, you can use the program for non-commercial purposes in non-business, non-commercial environment. To use the program in a corporate, government or business environment (clients or corporate files), you should purchase the "Business User" License.
Home User license is only $29.95 and Business User license is $44.95.
After payment processing is completed, you will immediately receive your registration key by email. The key should be entered into the evaluation version available from this page.