Firefox Password Recovery
- Firefox Password by Thegrideon Software is a feature-rich and fast tool for Mozilla Firefox password recovery.
- Firefox Password allows you to recover Master Password and view saved logins and passwords.
Firefox Password Recovery Features:
- Logins and Passwords are recovered instantly if Master Password is not set (or is known).
- Firefox user profile can be located automatically or selected manually.
- Several attacks can be configured and queued for Master Password recovery:
- brute-force attacks based on a charset and length selected:
- optional limit on a number of equal chars;
- dictionary attacks with modifications (several wordlists are included):
- advanced keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique;
- password in reverse, capitalized, uppercased, lowercased;
- adjustable mixed-case mode;
- preset or custom char replacements: Aa with 4, Ss with $, Ll with 1, etc.
- mixed attacks for precise search range configuration;
- multi-position modifications to cover modern password policies;
- "Save passwords to a file" option to verify search settings or to generate a new wordlist, etc.
- Highly optimized code (SSE, AVX, AVX2) guarantees best performance.
- Supports up to 32 simultaneous processing threads (multi-core, multi-CPU).
- Audio, script or web address based post-search notification.
- All latest versions are supported including Firefox 56.x
- Windows XP - Windows 10.
Firefox Password Storage
There are two files involved in login and password storage process in Mozilla Firefox:
signons.sqlite or logins.json - database with saved web addresses, encrypted user names and passwords.
key3.db - database with encryption keys. Firefox Master Password protects keys stored in key3.db.
Both files are stored in Firefox User Profile folder.
If master password is not set or is known encryption keys can be instantly extracted from database and used to decrypt saved logins and passwords.
If master password is set and unknown (lost) it has to be recovered first. Encryption methods used for master password protection are quite strong and its recoverability depends on length and complexity, however recovery speed is relatively high.
In order to recover these types of passwords, candidates have to be created based on dictionary, sequentially based on a charset and length selected or as combination of dictionaries, sequences and fixed parts. Firefox Password allows you to set several attacks in queue, split password in parts and set each part independently with virtually endless number of combinations. Additional modifications are available including unique keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique, char replacement (e.g. A or a with 4), etc.
We did our best to enhance this tool performance as well as the recovery speed with some advanced methods and it found to be the fastest tool for firefox password recovery.
What is the average speed?
The following table is based on several tests with the common laptop, workstation and server CPUs:
|Intel® Core™2 Duo
T7500 @ 2.20GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
2100 @ 3.10GHz
|Intel® Core™ i7
2600 @ 3.40GHz
|2 x Intel® Xeon®
E5-2670 @ 2.60GHz
|~800 000 pass/s||~1 700 000 pass/s||~3 700 000 pass/s||>10 millions pass/s|
Trial version allows you to setup and test run master password search for up to 15 min per set. Recovered passwords are hidden behind the asterisks.
With the "Home User" License, you can use the program for non-commercial purposes in non-business, non-commercial environment. To use the program in a corporate, government or business environment, you should purchase the "Business User" License.
Home User license is only $29.95 and Business User license is $44.95.
After payment processing is completed, you will immediately receive your registration key by email. The key should be entered into the evaluation version available from this page.