Firefox Password Recovery
- Firefox Password by Thegrideon Software is feature-rich password recovery tool for Mozilla Firefox.
- Firefox Password allows you to recover Master Password and view saved logins and passwords.
Firefox Password Recovery Features:
- Logins and Passwords are recovered instantly if Master Password is not set (or is known).
- Firefox profile can be located automatically or selected manually.
- Several attacks can be configured and queued for Master Password recovery:
- Dictionary attacks with modifications (wordlists for several languages are included).
- Brute-force attacks based on charset and length selected.
- Mixed attacks (combination of parts: dictionaries, brute force and fixed).
- Virtually endless number of combinations for mixed attacks.
- Advanced keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique.
- Highly optimized code (SSE, AVX) guarantees maximum performance.
- Supports up to 64 simultaneous processing threads (multi-CPU, multi-core and HT).
- Firefox 4x.x and 5x.x versions are supported.
- Windows 10 Compatible.
Firefox Password Storage
There are two files involved in login and password storage process in Mozilla Firefox:
signons.sqlite or logins.json - database with saved web addresses, encrypted user names and passwords.
key3.db - database with encryption keys. Firefox Master Password protects keys stored in key3.db.
Both files are stored in Firefox User Profile folder.
If master password is not set or is known encryption keys can be instantly extracted from database and used to decrypt saved logins and passwords.
If master password is set and unknown (lost) it has to be recovered first. Encryption methods used for master password protection are quite strong and its recoverability depends on length and complexity, however recovery speed is relatively high.
In order to recover these types of passwords, candidates have to be created based on dictionary, sequentially based on a charset and length selected or as combination of dictionaries, sequences and fixed parts. Firefox Password allows you to set several attacks in queue, split password in parts and set each part independently with virtually endless number of combinations. Additional modifications are available including unique keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique, char replacement (e.g. A or a with 4), etc.
We did our best to enhance this tool performance as well as the recovery speed with some advanced methods and it found to be the fastest tool for firefox password recovery.
What is the average speed?
The following table is based on several tests with the common laptop, workstation and server CPUs:
|Intel® Core™2 Duo
T7500 @ 2.20GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
2100 @ 3.10GHz
|Intel® Core™ i7
2600 @ 3.40GHz
|2 x Intel® Xeon®
E5-2670 @ 2.60GHz
|~800 000 pass/s||~1 700 000 pass/s||~3 700 000 pass/s||>10 millions pass/s|
Trial version allows you to setup and run any password search for up to 15 minutes. Saved search progress can be used in registered version only. Recovered passwords are hidden behind the asterisks "****".
With the "Home User" License, you can use the program for non-commercial purposes in non-business, non-commercial environment. To use the program in a corporate, government or business environment, you should purchase the "Business User" License.
Home User license is only $29.95 and Business User license is $44.95.
After payment processing is completed, you will immediately receive the email with your registration key. The key should be entered into the evaluation version, which can be downloaded from this page.