Firefox Password Recovery
Firefox Password by Thegrideon Software is a feature-rich Mozilla Firefox password recovery tool with a very flexible search range setup. It allows you to recover Firefox Master Password and view / extract saved logins and passwords. All modern versions are supported including Firefox 70 and above. You may also check Password Search FAQ if Master password recovery is required.
Firefox Password Recovery Features:
- Logins and Passwords are recovered instantly if Master Password is not set (or is known).
- Firefox user profile can be located automatically or selected manually.
- Several attacks can be configured and queued for Master Password recovery:
- advanced mixed attacks for precise search range setup:
- multi-position moves to cover modern password policies;
- simple modifications: add part(s) copy, replace chars, etc.
- typing errors, case switching, char substitutions;
- brute-force attacks based on a charset and length selected:
- limit number of equal, capital or special chars or digits;
- dictionary attacks with modifications (several wordlists are included):
- advanced keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique;
- password in reverse, capitalized, uppercased, lowercased;
- number ranges (e.g. 1-31, 01-12, 2013-2020, etc.);
- "Output attacks to a file" option to verify search settings or to generate a new wordlist, etc.
- Highly optimized code (SSE, AVX, AVX2) guarantees best performance.
- Supports up to 64 simultaneous processing threads (multi-core, multi-CPU).
- Audio, script or web address based post-search notification.
- All latest versions are supported including Firefox 70+.
- Windows XP - Windows 10.
Two files in Firefox User Profile are used to store saved logins and passwords:
1) signons.sqlite or logins.json - database with saved web addresses, encrypted user names and passwords.
2) key3.db (up to version 57) / key4.db (version 58 and above) - database with encryption keys. Firefox Master Password protects keys stored in key.db. If Master password is not set or is known encryption keys can be instantly extracted from the database to decrypt saved logins and passwords.If Master password is set and unknown (lost) it has to be recovered first. Encryption methods used are quite strong and recoverability depends on length and complexity, however recovery speed is relatively high. Firefox Password allows you to set several password recovery attacks in a queue. Advanced mixed attacks are available for precise search range setup as well as common dictionary and brute-force options.
The following table is based on several tests with the common laptop, workstation and server CPUs:
|Intel® Core™2 Duo
T7500 @ 2.20GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
2100 @ 3.10GHz
|Intel® Core™ i7
2600 @ 3.40GHz
|2 x Intel® Xeon®
E5-2670 @ 2.60GHz
|~800 000 pass/s||~1 700 000 pass/s||~3 700 000 pass/s||>10 millions pass/s|
Trial version allows you to check format compatibility. It can be used to test-run any Master password search for up to 15 min per set. Recovered passwords are hidden behind the asterisks.