CAD Password Recovery
- CAD Password by Thegrideon Software is an advanced password recovery tool for AutoCAD® DWG drawing files (*.dwg).
- CAD Password works with password protected '.dwg' files from all versions.
- You may also check VBA Recovery Toolkit to process VBA Projects (*.dvb) files.
CAD Password Recovery Features:
- All '.dwg' versions are supported.
- Several attacks can be configured and queued:
- brute-force attacks based on a charset and length selected:
- optional limit on a number of equal chars;
- dictionary attacks with modifications (several wordlists are included):
- advanced keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique;
- password in reverse;
- preset or custom char replacements: Aa with @, Oo with 0, Ee with 3, etc.
- mixed attacks for precise search range configuration:
- "Save passwords to a file" option to verify search settings or to generate a new wordlist, etc.
- Highly optimized code (SSE, AVX, AVX2) guarantees maximum performance.
- Utilizes NVIDIA and AMD Graphics processing units with a high-performance methods.
- Supports up to 64 simultaneous processing threads (multi-CPU, multi-GPU).
- Windows 7 - Windows 10.
- Guaranteed Password Recovery Service is available.
DWG files encryption applied in AutoCAD® can be based on several selectable crypto-providers with key length from 40bit to 128bit. CAD Password works with all these settings. In order to recover AutoCAD® DWG file passwords, candidates have to be created based on dictionary, sequentially based on a charset and length selected or as combination of dictionary, sequential and fixed parts. CAD Password allows you to set several attacks in queue, split password in parts and set each part independently with virtually endless number of combinations. Additional modifications are available including unique keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique, char replacement (e.g. A or a with @), etc.
The default key length used in *.dwg files is 40-bit. So for every original password there is a multitude of equivalent passwords (for example, password "security" is equal to "8VAJ3CID" and to "0103788088713", all without quotes). Thus equivalent password can be found within limited timeframe regardless of the original password length and complexity. For default 40-bit encryption with no additional knowledge of the password used you can start the search with 9 chars length with "a...z" + "0...9" charset or 13 chars length with "0...9" charset (13 x "0...9" is usually faster).
Below you can find just several recovery speed samples with common CPUs and GPUs:
|Intel® Core™2 Duo
T7500 @ 2.20GHz
Z3740 @ 1.33GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
2100 @ 3.10GHz
|Intel® Core™ i7
2600 @ 3.40GHz
|~ 4 000 000||~ 4 300 000||~ 7 500 000||~ 16 500 000|
|~ 3 days||~ 3 days||less than 2 days||~ 18 hours|
|CPU + GPU: ²|
|Intel® Core™ i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz +
AMD Radeon™ HD 6770
(~ equivalent gtx 550 ti)
|Intel® Core™ i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz +
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 470
(~ equivalent HD 5850)
|~ 13 000 000||~ 17 000 000|
|~ 23 hours||~ 18 hours|
¹ The time shown is the average time necessary to find equivalent password for encryption with 40-bit key (please check "How it works?" block above).
² GPU performance is somewhat variable with number of factors including GPU/CPU combination and even driver version. Please contact us if your recovery speed is noticeable different from the data above.
DWG is the native file format for AutoCAD® and a trademark of Autodesk, Inc.
Intel HD and Iris Graphics integrated GPUs:
Thegrideon team constantly puts a lot of efforts to improve quality and speed of our products. We discovered some random and unpredictable behavior of Intel GPU drivers under heavy load that would not allow us to be confident in the results provided. This unpleasant discovery made us to exclude the support of Intel GPU devices in the future releases as well as to recommend our users to disable Intel GPU support in the current versions.
Thegrideon Software has prepared the set of password lookup tables (Rainbow tables) for the default 40-bit encryption with coverage close to 100%. These tables allow us to offer you guaranteed password recovery service for your DWG files within minutes for a small per file service fee.
There are two ways you can use our service:
1) You can upload your file to us for password recovery.
2) You can employ our service without sending any sensitive information!: Just open your protected file(s) in trial version of CAD Password and send us "File Service Signature" line for the file you need to have the password recovered (or just open all the files you need to have passwords recovered and send us the full CAD Password log).
Trial version allows you to setup and test run any password search for up to 15 min per set.
With the "Home User" License, you can use the program for non-commercial purposes in non-business, non-commercial environment. To use the program in a corporate, government or business environment, you should purchase the "Business User" License.
Home User license is only $29.95 and Business User license is $44.95.
After payment processing is completed, you will immediately receive the email with your registration key. The key should be entered into the evaluation version, which can be downloaded from this page.