CAD Password Recovery
CAD Password by Thegrideon Software is an advanced and highly-optimized password recovery tool for AutoCAD® DWG drawing files (*.dwg). CAD Password works with password protected '.dwg' files from all versions. You may also check VBA Recovery Toolkit to process VBA Projects (*.dvb) files.
CAD Password Recovery Features:
- All '.dwg' versions are supported.
- Several password search attacks can be configured and queued:
- advanced mixed attacks for precise search range setup:
- multi-position moves to cover modern password policies;
- simple modifications: add part(s) copy, replace chars, etc.
- typing errors, case switching, char substitutions;
- brute-force attacks based on a charset and length selected:
- limit number of equal, special chars or digits;
- dictionary attacks with modifications (several wordlists are included):
- number ranges (e.g. 1-31, 01-12, 2013-2020, etc.);
- "Output attacks to a file" option to verify search settings or to generate a new wordlist, etc.
- Highly optimized code (SSE, AVX, AVX2) guarantees maximum performance.
- Utilizes NVIDIA and AMD Graphics processing units with a high-performance methods.
- Supports up to 64 simultaneous processing threads (multi-CPU, multi-GPU).
- Windows 7 - Windows 10.
- Guaranteed Password Recovery Service is available.
DWG files encryption applied in AutoCAD® can be based on several selectable crypto-providers with a key length from 40bit to 128bit.CAD Password works with all these methods. In order to recover AutoCAD® DWG file passwords, candidates have to be created based on dictionary, sequentially based on a charset and length selected or as a combination of dictionary, sequential and fixed parts. CAD Password allows you to set several attacks in queue, split pattern in parts and set each part independently with virtually endless number of combinations. Additional modifications are available including unique keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique, char replacement (e.g. A or a with @), etc. The default key length used in *.dwg files is 40-bit. So for every original password there is a multitude of equivalent passwords (for example, password "security" is equal to "8VAJ3CID" and to "0103788088713", all without quotes). Thus equivalent password can be found within limited timeframe regardless of the original password length and complexity. For default 40-bit encryption with no additional knowledge of the password used you can start the search with 9 chars long brute-force attack with "a..z" + "0..9" charset or 13 chars long with "0...9" charset.
Below you can find just several recovery speed samples with common CPUs and GPUs:
|Intel® Core™2 Duo
T7500 @ 2.20GHz
Z3740 @ 1.33GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
2100 @ 3.10GHz
|Intel® Core™ i7
2600 @ 3.40GHz
|~ 4 000 000||~ 4 300 000||~ 7 500 000||~ 16 500 000|
|~ 3 days||~ 3 days||less than 2 days||~ 18 hours|
|CPU + GPU: ²|
|Intel® Core™ i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz +
AMD Radeon™ HD 6770
(~ equivalent gtx 550 ti)
|Intel® Core™ i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz +
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 470
(~ equivalent HD 5850)
|~ 13 000 000||~ 17 000 000|
|~ 23 hours||~ 18 hours|
¹ The time shown is the average time necessary to find equivalent password for encryption with 40-bit key (please check "How it works?" block above).
² GPU performance is somewhat variable with number of factors including GPU/CPU combination and even driver version. Please contact us if your recovery speed is noticeable different from the data above.
DWG is the native file format for AutoCAD® and a trademark of Autodesk, Inc.
Thegrideon Software has prepared the set of password lookup tables (Rainbow tables) for the default 40-bit encryption with coverage close to 100%. These tables allow us to offer you guaranteed password recovery service for your DWG files within minutes for a small per file service fee.
There are two ways you can use our service:
1) You can upload your file to us for password recovery.
2) You can employ our service without sending any sensitive information: Just open your protected file(s) in trial version of CAD Password and send us "File Service Signature" line for the file you need to have the password recovered (or just open all the files you need to have passwords recovered and send us the full CAD Password log).
Trial version can be used to check format and hardware compatibility. It allows you to setup and test run any password search for up to 15 min per set.