Bitcoin Password Recovery
Bitcoin Password by Thegrideon Software is a feature-rich password recovery tool for bitcoin and similar wallets (based on "wallet.dat" database files): Bitcoin, Litecoin, Baha, DASH, ... There are hundreds of cryptocurrency clients, forks and versions, thus the best way to check compatibility is to open your wallet (or a test wallet with known password) in trial version. You may also check Password Search FAQ.
Bitcoin Password Recovery Features:
- Several password search attacks can be configured and queued:
- advanced mixed attacks for precise search range setup:
- multi-position moves to cover modern password policies;
- simple modifications: add part(s) copy, replace chars, etc.
- typing errors, case switching, char substitutions;
- brute-force attacks based on a charset and length selected:
- limit number of equal, capital or special chars or digits;
- dictionary attacks with modifications (several wordlists are included):
- advanced keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique;
- password in reverse, capitalized, uppercased, lowercased;
- number ranges (e.g. 1-31, 01-12, 2013-2020, etc.);
- Records required for search can be exported to be processed without wallet file.
- "Output attacks to a file" option to verify search settings, generate new wordlist, etc.
- Audio, script or web address based post-search notification.
- Highly optimized code (SSE, AVX, AVX2, AVX-512) guarantees best performance.
- Utilizes NVIDIA and AMD Graphics processing units with a high-performance methods.
- Utilizes integrated GPUs as well.
- Supports up to 64 simultaneous processing threads (multi-CPU, multi-GPU).
- Windows 7 - Windows 11.
Bitcoin and related cryptocurrency Wallets password protection is based on SHA-512 and AES-256 algorithms with thousands of iterations, thus recovery speed is limited and a good CPU / GPU hardware is required to achieve fast recovery speed, but we did our best to enhance this tool performance (recovery speed) with some advanced methods.Bitcoin Password allows you to setup a very precise search range using mixed attacks to exploit known password details (parts and patterns) and to cut the required time of a search comparing to traditional attacks. You can check our password search FAQ for details and examples.
Wallets encryption complexity (number of SHA-512 iterations per password) is selected based on computer power available during the encryption process (common range is 50000 - 300000), thus recovery speed is variable from Wallet to Wallet. Spin count 100 000 is used for the tables below.
The final password recovery speed is equal to CPUspeed + GPU(1)speed + ... + GPU(N)speed.
For example: Intel i3 + integrated HD 4400 GPU + AMD R9 270 = 140 + 50 + 2 400 = ~ 2 600 p/s.
|Intel® Core™2 Duo
T7500 @ 2.20GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
2100 @ 3.10GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
4130 @ 3.40GHz
|Amazon EC2 "c5.large"
Xeon® Platinum core
Modern integrated GPUs (like Intel HD and Iris Graphics) can be used for password recovery acceleration. Integrated GPUs are not as powerful as dedicated (discrete) devices and often overlooked but can add up to 30% to CPU performance.
AMD and Nvidia GPUs
Compute units or stream multiprocessors (CU, SM, SMX, SMM) are the main building blocks of GPU calculation power, thus 32xCU GPU card is usually twice as fast as 16xCU GPU card of the same family and architecture running at the same frequency.
You can expect approximately 175-250 p/s performance (spin count 100k) per every Nvidia SM running at 1Ghz and 100-150 p/s per every AMD CU.
|Tesla K80 (Kepler 2.0)
2x13xSMX, 820 MHz
|GTX 1080 Ti (Pascal)
28xSM, 1580 Mhz
|Tesla V100 (Volta)
80xSM, 1380 Mhz
|RTX 2080 Ti (Turing)
68xSM, 1540 Mhz
|RTX 3090 (Ampere)
82xSM, 1400 Mhz
|+ 3 750 p/s||+ 13 000 p/s||+ 20 000 p/s||+ 21 800 p/s||+ 24 100 p/s|
|HD 6770 (VLIW5)
10xCU, 850 Mhz
|R9 270 (GCN 1.0)
20xCU, 950 MHz
|RX 480 (GCN 4.0)
36xCU, 1260 MHz
|RX Vega 64 (GCN 5.0)
64xCU, 1300 MHz
|RX 6900 XT (RDNA)
80xCU, 1825 MHz
|+ 900 p/s||+ 2 200 p/s||+ 5 200 p/s||+ 9 600 p/s||+ 24 500 p/s|
It is important to mention that AMD and NVIDIA architectures are quite different and although AMD per CU performance is lower, there are more CUs per card in a similar price range. Moreover GPU performance is somewhat variable with number of factors including GPU/CPU combination and even a driver version. Please contact us if your recovery speed is noticeable different from the data above.
Trial version can be used to check format and hardware compatibility. It allows you to setup and test run any password search for up to 15 min per run. Recovered passwords are hidden behind the asterisks.