Bitcoin Password Recovery
- Bitcoin Password by Thegrideon Software is advanced passwords recovery tool for encrypted Bitcoin-Qt / bitcoind Wallets (e.g. wallet.dat files).
- Bitcoin Password works with Wallets protected with standard SHA-512 / AES-256 encryption.
- Note: There are hundreds of Bitcoin clients so we cannot list all supported and the best way to check compatibility is to search your computer for "wallet.dat" file and open it in trial version.
Bitcoin Password Recovery Features:
- Several attacks can be configured and queued:
- brute-force attacks based on charset and length selected;
- dictionary attacks with modifications (several wordlists are included):
- password in reverse;
- capitalized, uppercase, lowercase, mixed case;
- predefined char replacements: Ss with $, Ii with !, Aa with 4, etc.
- custom char replacements
- advanced keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique;
- mixed attacks for precise search range configuration;
- multi-position modifications to cover modern password policies;
- Password length limit is extended up to 47 chars.
- Highly optimized code (SSE, AVX, AVX2) guarantees maximum performance.
- Utilizes NVIDIA and AMD Graphics processing units with a high-performance methods.
- Utilizes modern Intel HD Graphics GPUs.
- Supports up to 64 simultaneous processing threads (multi-CPU, multi-GPU).
- Windows 10 Compatible.
What is the average speed?
Bitcoin Wallet password protection is based on SHA-512 and AES-256 algorithms with thousands of iterations so recovery speed is limited, but we did our best to enhance this tool performance (recovery speed) with some advanced methods and it found to be the fastest password recovery tool for Bitcoin Wallets.
NOTE:Encryption parameters for Bitcoin Wallets are selected based on computer power available during the encryption process, thus recovery speed (complexity) is variable from Wallet to Wallet. The following tables are based on a test Wallet with 75000 SHA-512 iterations. Approximate hashing rate is also provided, so the speed for wallets with different iteration count can be easily calculated:
The final password recovery speed is equal to CPUspeed + GPU(1)speed + ... + GPU(N)speed.
For example: Intel i3 + integrated HD 4400 GPU + AMD R9 270 = 185 + 70 + 2 910 = ~3 160 p/s.
|Intel® Core™2 Duo
T7500 @ 2.20GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
2100 @ 3.10GHz
|Intel® Core™ i7
2600 @ 3.40GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
4130 @ 3.40GHz
Intel HD and Iris Graphics: Intel integrated GPUs starting from HD Graphics 4000 can be used for password recovery acceleration. Intel GPU utilization is a unique feature of Thegrideon Software tools.
|+ Intel HD Graphics 4400|
(12 CUs, i3 4130)
|+ 70 pass/s
There are too many cards to list, but the main concept is simple: compute units (CUs) are the main building blocks of GPU calculation power. So card with 32 CUs is approximately twice faster than 16 CUs GPU of the same family and architecture.
AMD GPUs are very "password recovery friendly" and consistent despite architecture change from VLIW5 to VLIW4 and now to GCN.
HD 6770 (10 CUs)
R9 270 (20 CUs)
R9 280X (32 CUs)
|+ 1228 (123/CU)||+ 2910 (145/CU)||+ 5000 (156/CU)|
|92 (9.2/CU)||218 (11/CU)||375 (11.7/CU)|
Recovery speed with Kepler/Maxwell architecture cards (sm_35/sm_50 compute capabilities) is much better in per CU performance than with Fermi.
|NVIDIA GTX 470
(14 CUs, sm_20)
|NVIDIA GT 640
(just 2 CUs, Kepler, sm_35)
|+ 932 (67/CU)||+ 450 (225/CU)|
|70 (5/CU)||34 (17/CU)|
GPU performance is somewhat variable with number of factors including GPU/CPU combination and even driver version. Please contact us if your recovery speed is noticeable different from the data above.
Trial version allows you to setup and run any password search for up to 15 minutes per set. Saved search progress can be used in registered version only. Recovered passwords are hidden behind the asterisks "****".
With the "Home User" License, you can use the program for non-commercial purposes in non-business, non-commercial environment. To use the program in a corporate, government or business environment, you should purchase the "Business User" License.
Home User license is only $29.95 and Business User license is $44.95.
After payment processing is completed, you will immediately receive the email with your registration key. The key should be entered into the evaluation version, which can be downloaded from this page.