Bitcoin Password Recovery
- Bitcoin Password by Thegrideon Software is a feature-rich passwords recovery tool for bitcoin and similar wallets / "wallet.dat" files [Bitcoin, Litecoin, Baha, DASH, ...].
- Note: There are hundreds of cryptocurrency clients, forks and versions, thus we cannot list all supported and the best way to check compatibility is to open your wallet in trial version.
- You may also check Password Search FAQ.
Bitcoin Password Recovery Features:
- Several attacks can be configured and queued:
- advanced mixed attacks for precise search range setup:
- multi-position modifications to cover modern password policies;
- simple modifications: add part(s) copy, add reversed copy, etc.
- typing errors generation with new multi-position options;
- brute-force attacks based on a charset and length selected:
- optional limit on a number of equal chars;
- number ranges (e.g. 1-31, 1-12, 2003-2018, etc.);
- dictionary attacks with modifications (several wordlists are included):
- password in reverse, capitalized, uppercased, lowercased;
- adjustable mixed-case mode;
- preset or custom char replacements: Ss with $, Ii with !, Aa with 4, etc.
- advanced keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique;
- The length limit of a password is 40 (special Unicode) to 120 (plain ANSI) chars.
- "Save passwords to a file" option to verify search settings or to generate a new wordlist, etc.
- Audio, script or web address based post-search notification.
- Highly optimized code (SSE, AVX, AVX2) guarantees best performance.
- Utilizes NVIDIA and AMD Graphics processing units with a high-performance methods.
- Utilizes Intel HD Graphics GPUs as well.
- Supports up to 64 simultaneous processing threads (multi-CPU, multi-GPU).
- Windows 7 - Windows 10.
Bitcoin and related cryptocurrency Wallets password protection is based on SHA-512 and AES-256 algorithms with thousands of iterations, thus recovery speed is limited, but we did our best to enhance this tool performance (recovery speed) with some advanced methods and it found to be the fastest password recovery tool for Bitcoin Wallets.
Bitcoin Password allows you to setup a very precise search range to exploit known password details (parts and patterns) and to cut the required time of a search comparing to traditional attacks. Just check mixed attacks for example.
Wallet encryption parameters are selected based on computer power available during the encryption process, thus recovery speed (complexity) is variable from Wallet to Wallet. The following tables are based on a Wallet with 75000 SHA-512 iterations. Approximate hashing rate is also provided, so the speed for wallets with a different iteration count can be calculated.
The final password recovery speed is equal to CPUspeed + GPU(1)speed + ... + GPU(N)speed.
For example: Intel i3 + integrated HD 4400 GPU + AMD R9 270 = 185 + 70 + 2 910 = ~3 160 p/s.
|Intel® Core™2 Duo
T7500 @ 2.20GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
2100 @ 3.10GHz
|Intel® Core™ i7
2600 @ 3.40GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
4130 @ 3.40GHz
Intel HD and Iris Graphics: Intel integrated GPUs starting from HD Graphics 4000 can be used for password recovery acceleration. Integrated GPUs are not so powerful in comparison to dedicated (discrete) devices and often overlooked but can add up to 30% to CPU performance.
|+ Intel HD Graphics 4400|
(12 CUs, i3 4130)
|+ 70 pass/s
There are too many cards to list, but the main concept is simple: compute units (CUs) are the main building blocks of GPU calculation power. So card with 32 CUs is approximately twice faster than 16 CUs GPU of the same family and architecture.
AMD GPUs are very "password recovery friendly" and consistent despite architecture change from VLIW5 to VLIW4 and now to GCN.
HD 6770 (10 CUs)
R9 270 (20 CUs)
R9 280X (32 CUs)
|+ 1200 (120/CU)||+ 3200 (160/CU)||+ 5200 (160/CU)|
|92 (9/CU)||218 (11/CU)||375 (11/CU)|
Recovery speed with Kepler/Maxwell architecture cards (sm_35/sm_50 compute capabilities) is much better in per CU performance than with Fermi.
|NVIDIA GTX 470
(14 CUs, sm_20)
|NVIDIA GT 640
(just 2 CUs, Kepler, sm_35)
|+ 932 (67/CU)||+ 450 (225/CU)|
|70 (5/CU)||34 (17/CU)|
GPU performance is somewhat variable with number of factors including GPU/CPU combination and even driver version. Please contact us if your recovery speed is noticeable different from the data above.
Trial version allows you to setup and test run any password search for up to 15 min per run. Recovered passwords are hidden behind the asterisks "****".