- ExcelDecryptor by Thegrideon Software allows you to reset MS Excel spreadsheet and template (*.xls, *.xlt) passwords with guarantee.
- The unique feature of this tool is the ability to process any number of Excel files simultaneously without any noticeable affect on performance.
- ExcelDecryptor works with all MS Excel documents saved with Office 97/2000 Compatible encryption. (*.xls files saved from Office 2007-2013 and Excel XP/2003 files saved with the default settings are compatible).
- You may also check other MS Excel tools.
- Excel document decryption technology with guaranteed results.
- Works with the document passwords regardless of the length and complexity.
- Allows simultaneous processing of multiple files.
- Recovers MS Excel Workbook, Sheets, Write Protection and Shared Book passwords instantly!
- Highly optimized code guarantees maximum performance.
- Supports up to 32 simultaneous processing threads (multi-CPU, multi-core and HT).
- Utilizes NVIDIA and AMD GPUs (Graphics Processing Units) for processing acceleration.
- Guaranteed Decryption Service is available.
- Windows 7 - Windows 10.
How it works?
ExcelDecryptor allows you to reset your spreadsheet passwords, but doesn't recover the passwords which these MS Excel files are protected with.
ExcelDecryptor's algorithms are based on that fact that protected *.xls and *.xlt files are encrypted with short fixed length "encryption keys" which are recovered by this program. These keys allow our tool to decrypt protected documents without the original passwords.
What is the average processing time?
The following tables shows maximum processing time based on several tests with the common laptop and workstation CPUs as well as mid-range GPUs:
|Intel® Core™2 Duo
T7500 @ 2.20GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
2100 @ 3.10GHz
|Intel® Core™ i7
2600 @ 3.40GHz
|~5.5 days||~2 days 6 hours||~26 hours|
|CPU ¹+GPU ²:|
|Intel® i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz +
AMD Radeon™ HD 6770
(~ equivalent gtx 550 ti)
|Intel® i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz +
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 470
(~ equivalent HD 5850)
|~21 hours||~13 hours|
¹ The time shown is equal to maximum time necessary to check all "encryption keys" and the key search for most files require just a portion of this time.
² GPU performance is somewhat variable with number of factors including GPU/CPU combination and even driver version. Please contact us if your processing time is noticeable different from data above.
Guaranteed Decryption Service for .XLS files
Thegrideon Software has prepared the set of key lookup tables (Rainbow tables) for a default 40-bit encryption with coverage close to 100%. These tables allow us to offer you fast guaranteed decryption service for your MS Excel files within minutes for a small per file service fee.
There are two ways you can use our service:
1) You can upload your file to us for decryption.
2) You can employ our service without sending any sensitive information to us: Just open your protected file in ExcelDecryptor and send us file "Signature" line from the program log for the file you need to have encryption key recovered (or just add all your protected files to ExcelDecryptor Project file and send this file to us).
Trial version searches for "encryption keys" and saves them to the project file. File decryption is available in registered version only.
With the "Home User" License, you can use the program for non-commercial purposes in non-business, non-commercial environment. To use the program in a corporate, government or business environment, you should purchase the "Business User" License.
Home User license is only $29.95 and Business User license is $44.95.
After payment processing is completed, you will immediately receive the email with your registration key. The key should be entered into the evaluation version, which can be downloaded from this page.