Opera Password Recovery
- Opera Password by Thegrideon Software is feature-rich password recovery tool for Opera Web Browser.
- Opera Password allows you to recover Master Password and view saved logins and passwords (decrypt wand.dat database).
Opera Password Recovery Features:
- Logins and Passwords are recovered instantly if Master Password is not set (or is known).
- Opera profile can be located automatically or selected manually.
- The following methods are available for Master Password recovery:
- Dictionary attack with modifications (wordlists for several languages are included).
- Brute-force attack based on mask if any part of the password is known.
- Brute-force attack based on charset and length selected.
- Advanced keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique.
- Highly optimized code guarantees maximum performance.
- Supports up to 64 simultaneous processing threads (multi-CPU, multi-core and HT).
- New Opera 12 is supported.
- Windows XP - Windows 10.
Opera Password Storage
There are two files involved in login and password storage process in Opera Web Browser:
wand.dat - database with saved web addresses, user names and passwords.
opcert6.dat - database with encryption keys. Opera Master Password protects additional data stored in opcert6.dat and required to decrypt wand.dat content.
Both files are part of Opera User Profile folder.
If master password is not set or is known: logins and passwords data can be instantly decrypted.
If master password is set and unknown (lost) it has to be recovered first. Encryption methods used for master password protection are quite strong and its recoverability depends on length and complexity, however recovery speed is relatively high.
In order to recover this type of passwords, candidates have to be created based on dictionary, mask or sequentially based on a charset and length selected. Opera Password allows you to try all these methods with a number of additional modifications including unique keyboard layouts-aware recovery technique.
We did our best to enhance this tool performance as well as the recovery speed with some advanced methods and it found to be the fastest tool for Opera password recovery.
What is the average speed?
The following table is based on several tests with the common laptop, workstation and server CPUs:
|Intel® Core™2 Duo
T7500 @ 2.20GHz
|Intel® Core™ i3
2100 @ 3.10GHz
|Intel® Core™ i7
2600 @ 3.40GHz
|2 x Intel® Xeon®
E5-2670 @ 2.60GHz
|~1 150 000 pass/s||~2 500 000 pass/s||~5 400 000 pass/s||>15 000 000 pass/s|
Trial version allows you to search for Master password of up to 4 characters in length.
With the "Home User" License, you can use the program for non-commercial purposes in non-business, non-commercial environment. To use the program in a corporate, government or business environment, you should purchase the "Business User" License.
Home User license is only 29.95 and Business User license is 44.95.
After payment processing is completed, you will immediately receive the email with your registration key. The key should be entered into the evaluation version, which can be downloaded from this page.