Thegrideon Software, One less reason to worry...
One less reason to worry...

Index » Access Database Password Recovery » Can't Open Database even after putting the correct user/pass

Can't Open Database even after putting the correct user/pass

riley on 23 Feb 2006 09:37:

I have standard version of Access Password. I have used it to open a databases in the past without any problems so far. Now I have problem, I recover the passwords, users and IDs etc. but when I plug them in to open the database I get Run-Time 3197 error saying that

The Microsoft Jet Engine has stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.

This is weird as I am on a stand alone machine.

Please can you advise me on how to proceed.

Thanks,

Riley

Profile All Posts PM

Thegrideon on 23 Feb 2006 16:35:

1) Please recover your password using Access Password and save it (copy to notepad, Word, save A.P. log information to a file, etc…)
2) Close Access Password and open your file in MS Access (May be you just trying to open your database in MS Access while Access Password is still using this file)
3) Please try to close all other programs which may use this file, or just reboot your computer (just in case).

Best Regards,
Thegrideon Software.

Profile All Posts PM

riley on 24 Feb 2006 08:39:

I tried what you suggested and I still get the same message.
Still unable to open the database. I use access password on a separate machine and transfer passwords etc via notepad.
Still no joy.

Is there something else I can do

Profile All Posts PM

riley on 24 Feb 2006 09:14:

Good news problem solved. I had this problem due to migration of my PC. I just copied the old system.mdw from previous computer to my new PC and it works. I must have made mistake while creating users on the new PC.

Thanks a lot, AP is a fantastic tool

Profile All Posts PM

Thegrideon on 24 Feb 2006 10:13:

Hello!

Thank you very much for such kind words.

Best Regards,
Thegrideon Software.

Profile All Posts PM

Next><PrevLocked!Post New